Νιώθεις άνετα να φροντίζεις ανθρώπους με αναπηρία; Σου αρέσει να προσφέρεις και ταυτόχρονα να μαθαίνεις; Σου αρέσει να γνωρίζεις νέες κουλτούρες και πολιτισμούς;
Τώρα μπορείς να εργαστείς εθελοντικά στο εξωτερικό για 11 μήνες με τα έξοδά σου όλα καλυμμένα, συνδυάζοντας όλα τα παραπάνω!
Το πρόγραμμα χρηματοδοτείται από την Ε.Ε. και το Ευρωπαϊκό Σώμα Αλληλεγγύης και καλύπτει στους συμμετέχοντες διαμονή, διατροφή, αεροπορικά εισιτήρια έναρξης και λήξης, ιατροφαρμακευτική ασφάλεια και ένα ποσό για τα προσωπικά έξοδα του εθελοντή (pocket money).
Ακολουθούν όλες οι πληροφορίες στα Αγγλικά:
Duration of the project: October 2019 – September 2020 (11 months).
Hosting organization: Fundacja “Sprawni Inaczej” (FSI), Foundation for the Differently Able
EI nr in The European database on ESC accredited organisations: 2019-1-PL01-ESC52-064900.
PIC number: 944068215/Gdańsk
Address: ul. Północna 5, 80-512 Gdańsk/Poland. Telephone: +48 58 344 42 56.
Main topics: disability, ARTS & CRAFTS, culture, equality and non-discrimination, inclusion, animation and integration with local community members.
Where: Gdańsk/a city at the seaside in Poland
Language of communication: English, after some time also Polish language.
Tasks for Volunteers:
Volunteers will work in our Foundation in Gdańsk (created in 1989), with adult intellectually disabled people, mainly through handicrafts and art therapy.
We offer different tasks for the ESC Volunteers (we apply for 8 people) like below:
• everyday support in our two Occupational Therapy Workshops in Gdańsk,
• everyday support in our Social Center of Self-Care for people with mental disorders in Gdańsk,
• organizational support in our office (for example: taking pictures, making presentations on PC, preparing promotion materials etc.),
• support of our project called ‘Neighbours house’ (activities for elderly people and children, cooperation with the local community),
• creating of their own workshops for our participants, cultural events for the local community, EVS presentations for schools and universities.
Our volunteers will be involved in:
• helping us with all artistic tasks at two workshops of Foundation in Gdańsk, (for example: ceramics, sewing workshops, handmade paper, various manual technics, painting workshops, wood carvings, cooking),
• support all instructors in their regular activities in the workshops,
• helping us to assist the disabled people during both, every day activities and occasionally sporting activities (group games, unihockey, etc.),
• preparing own workshops in our places (once a week or more),
• providing organizational support to FSI and participating in various events such as: open days of FSI, picnics, integration meetings, events for local NGO’s etc.,
• providing organizational support and participating in charity events,
• preparing media and marketing materials (pictures, presentations, films, leaflets, posters) of ESC and Foundation actions,
• helping us to arrange and decorate Foundation’s premises,
• gardening activities in all mentioned places of work,
• organizing language classes for kids from the local society.
Hosting organization will support:
First of all – interesting and socially useful activities! Besides:
• single and double rooms in ESC Volunteers House which is located in our biggest Centre – nota bene building 1 min from the Baltic Sea,
• money for food + pocket money,
• ticket for the whole Gdańsk transportation each month,
• Polish lessons given by the professional teacher during the whole project, twice a week
• internal trainings of FSI (1 week of Introductory training + first aid + approximately two weeks of learning our artistic technics that we use in Foundation),
• also on-arrival + mid-term trainings organized by Polish National Agency (first take place in the capital of Poland and the second in another interesting city in Poland),
• coordinator’s + instructor’s + mentor’s support,
• educational workshops and trips offered by our instructors,
• study visits in our regional workshops (Kościerzyna, Lubieszyn, Konarzyny, Miastko, Bytów),
• study visits in Gdańsk NGOs if volunteers will be interested in such a programme,
• Cigna insurance (main responsibility of Sending Organisation),
• European Youth Card (is sent by the European Commission),
• budged for the return trip according to the cost calculator of Erasmus+ Programme,
• and… a company of positive, nice and helpful ESC Volunteers, our participants and workers. Friendly, family atmosphere as well 🙂
About the «Sprawni Inaczej» Foundation
The «Sprawni Inaczej» Foundation (Foundation for the Differently Able) came into legal existence with a notarial deed signed on 9 June 1989 in Gdańsk, and was registered on 9 January 1990 as the 302nd foundation in Poland.
The organisation’s mission is to bring help to people with disabilities by setting up new centres providing training, therapy and rehabilitation, as well as work for people with disabilities. The Foundation’s key objectives also include integrating people with disabilities into society, promoting art created by people with disabilities and raising social awareness about disabilities.
The Foundation has successfully developed its activities in several towns and cities in Poland, and has
been involved in many pioneering and innovative initiatives, the most significant of which include:
• the founding of the Integracyjna Szkoła Podstawowa Fundacji „Sprawni Inaczej” («Sprawni Inaczej»
Foundation Integrated Primary School), operational between 1990 and 1999;
• the creation of the Integrated Ceramics Workshops, which in 1993 became the first Warsztat Terapii
Zajęciowej (Occupational Therapy Workshop) in the territory of the old province of Gdańsk;
Amongst other activities, the «Sprawni Inaczej» Foundation:
• organises occupational therapy workshops in Gdańsk and Kościerzyna, the activities including art, ceramics, paper-making, sewing and computers;
• manages environmental residential centres with the emphasis on self-help (Środowiskowe Domy Samopomocy) in Gdańsk, Lubieszyn, Bytów, Miastko and Konarzyny;
• helps people with disabilities get more out of their free time, organising various kinds of activities such as excursions, cinema trips, museum visits, meetings with people of interest, dancing evenings, etc.;
• organises individual and group exhibitions of artwork created by people with disabilities, for example the annual exhibition at the Polish Maritime Museum in Gdańsk;
• organises, as part of the occupational therapy workshops, sessions on running a household, cooking classes, lessons of leading an independent life and sessions to prepare people with disabilities to enter the free labour market;
• provides many kinds of therapy: individual, music, movement and psycho-pedagogical therapy for children and adults;
• organises outdoor activities and therapeutic/relax holidays, including the annual trip to Denmark in cooperation with the Danish organization Det Classenske Fideicommis, the patron of which is Queen Margrethe of Denmark;
• teaches family members, volunteers and students how to work with people with disabilities;
• is involved in the European Voluluntary Service (EVS), with the «Erasmus+» programme since 2009 and now continues with European Solidarity Corps (ESC);
• organises charitable events and initiatives in aid of people with disabilities;
• is involved in awareness-raising activities to increase understanding of the problems faced by people with disabilities;
• cooperates with local government bodies as well as with many non-governmental organisations;
• strives to break down the social barriers facing people with disabilities;
• promotes behaviour to protect the dignity and rights of people with disabilities.
The «Sprawni Inaczej» Foundation has twice been awarded the “Bursztynowy Mieczyk” award for its activity as a whole (1994, 2006). In year 2008 our Foundation was judged best non-governmental organisation in the Lech Bądkowski President of Gdańsk competition. In 2015 our organization was also awarded in the Lech Bądkowski President of Gdansk competition for the 2014 year. Our Foundation is active in the European Voluntary Service field since 2009 (and now in ESC projects). Our hosting projects were appreciated several times by the Polish National Agency. One of our EVS volunteer was awarded with region-wide “Active in the city” prize. In 2011 EVS coordinator from our
Foundation was voted as the best Voluntary Coordinator in the region. In 2013 European Volunteers in our organization were also awarded by the President of the city of Gdańsk.
Working since 1989 to show that there are no disabilities – only people!
The project environment:
• The projects take place in the agglomeration called Tricity (the historical city of Gdańsk, modern city of Gdynia and wonderful Sopot – the city of artists). There is a large number of historical and picturesque places situated in Tricity.
• The premises of the Foundation „Sprawni Inaczej” are situated in three districts of Gdańsk (Niedźwiednik, Morena and Brzeźno). Volunteers will spend the most of their work time in the workshop chosen by them in the beginning of the project (after visiting each place and two weeks of training). They usually work in spacious therapy workshops, surrounded by therapists and participants.
• Accommodation: All volunteers are accommodated in our Foundation main building. A beautiful, spacious place with a history and spirit. It is a building made by brick, an ex-German school, literally 1 min walk from the seaside.
Volunteers are accommodated in the residential part of the building. They live in spacious double rooms or small single rooms. There are separated rooms for boys and girls. On the same floor there are three bathrooms. The kitchen for volunteers is downstairs in the basement of the building.
Smoking is forbidden and silence must be kept from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Guests are allowed, but requested for paying a small donation for the Foundation to support our mission.
• Working hours: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (approximately 6 hours per day in the workshop) premises of FSI are open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
• Days-off: Saturdays and Sundays but occasionally we do work also on weekends. All Polish public holidays: 1st and 3rd May, 1st and 11th November, 1st January, Christmas, Easter are free.
• Holidays: 2 days per month (according to the rule of the European Solidarity Corps Program) In practice – we have Christmas holidays from 23rd December to 1st January and one month of summer holidays for volunteers in July/August.
• Food: volunteers get money for food, do shopping and prepare meals independently.
• Public transport in Gdańsk: we provide our volunteers with city transport cards for all the city of Gdańsk (buses + trams, days/nights/weekends).
• Pocket money: 85 EUR per month in Polish currency
The profile of the volunteers:
As for the profile of the volunteers, our organization (Fundacja “Sprawni Inaczej”, Foundation for the Differently Able) mainly stress the following personality traits: empathy, patience, openness, curiosity about the world and other people, communicative skills, creativity and courage (in terms of taking up both challenges and daring, innovative ideas), sense of responsibility and awareness. It is advisable for our candidates to have humanistic interests, some experience of participation in social projects and willingness to work with adult intellectually disabled people (individually or in a team work).
• We welcome candidates with artistic interests and skills, which might be extremely useful during the art therapy 😉
• Also people playing music or theatre, having manual skills, interested in handcraft.
• Students or graduates of Social Studies or Art Studies.
• Our experience has shown that our projects are also friendly to people with technical skills, especially in the IT & media area, which needs improvement in the non-governmental organizations (taking pictures, shooting movies, organizing promotion).
• We are also interested in hosting students/graduates of language studies, who could lead some workshops of foreign languages and cultures.
• We appreciate young self-independent people with strong need to help others,
responsible and respectful at the same time.
For more information:
Web page: www.fsi.gda.pl
Contact person: Maria Baranowska, e-mail: email@example.com
Εάν είσαι 18-30 ετών και σε ενδιαφέρει να περάσεις 11 μήνες στην Πολωνία, γνωρίζοντας διαφορετικές κουλτούρες και πολιτισμούς ενώ ταυτόχρονα εξελίσσεις τις δεξιότητές σου προσφέροντας στο κοινωνικό σύνολο, δεν έχεις παρά να κάνεις την αίτησή σου ως εξής:
Στείλε μας το βιογραφικό σου με πρόσφατη φωτογραφία σου στα Αγγλικά καθώς και ένα motivation letter όπου θα εξηγείς τους λόγους για τους οποίους θέλεις να συμμετάσχεις στο συγκεκριμένο πρόγραμμα στο firstname.lastname@example.org
Και τα δύο έγγραφα θα πρέπει να είναι επισυναπτόμενα, σε μορφή .doc ή .pdf. Στον τίτλο του email θα πρέπει να γράφεις “ESC Gdansk 2019”.
Για οποιαδήποτε απορία θα μας βρεις στο ίδιο email. Καλή επιτυχία!