Θέλεις να ταξιδέψεις, να γνωρίσεις νέους ανθρώπους και κουλτούρες, να διευρύνεις του ορίζοντές σου, να δουλέψεις εθελοντικά και να αναπτύξεις τις δεξιότητές σου;
Ο Αυστριακός οργανισμός Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn προκηρύσσει 1 θέση Ευρωπαϊκής Εθελοντικής Υπηρεσίας EVS για ένα χρόνο στην πόλη Dornbirn της Αυστρίας, από τις 3-10-2016 έως τις 2- 7-2017.
Ακολουθεί σύντομη περιγραφή του προγράμματος στα Αγγλικά.
The association Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn (OJAD) – Open Youth Work Dornbirn – was founded in 1992 with the purpose to offer young people space for leisure time activities. In the course of time it has been adapting its activities to the changing realities and is now – apart from the leisure time activities – also providing services in the field of education and youth employment. It is financed by the local and regional government. Part of the fundings we get from various projects that we do with different organisations with different focuses (integration, employment, etc.). The team runs two youth centres, two big projects on the topic of education (Albatros – Hauptschulabschluss: Courses for early school leavers) and employment (Job Ahoi!: Job insertion project with manual workshops), and a skateboarding area. The youth centre Vis.m.u.t. (Vision: human dignity and tolerance) accommodates the youth café Vismut which is mainly visited by young people under 16 and the Kulturcafé Schlachthaus where parties, concerts and discussions are organised. The youth centre Arena also runs a youth café and has the focus on sports (tabletop football, skating, basketball etc.). Our target group are young people between 13 and 20 years of Austrian and of migrant origin.
The volunteer will work five days a week, 34 hours a week including German course. S/he will have two days holidays per month. The volunteer will be part of our team and the areas he/she can participate are
• Kulturcafé Schlachthaus: Here s/he can help organise parties and youth culture events (concerts etc.) that take place about twice a week. S/he will learn to book concerts, organise everything around concerts (for example Gothic, Punk, Hardcore, EMO, Metal, Hip-Hop etc.), do the bar during different events, care for the bands, care for the young people that visit our house.
• Youthcafé Vismut: Our visitors at the youthcafé Vismut are a little younger (13 – 16) and come to the centre for a chat with other youngsters or with the youth worker or for workshops (for example gardening, do handicrafts, dance, skateboarding). The volunteer will help with the workshops and in the café (bar, preparing snacks, cleaning etc.) The office in Vismut is open Monday to Friday in the morning. The workshops and youth cafe will be in the afternoon.
• Youthcafé Arena: Youth Café Arena is open every day in the afternoon or evening. One day it is reserved for “Girls only”. It also offers space to meet informally for a chat with friends. The focus of activities is sports: Tabletop football, billiards, basketball and skateboarding are sports that the visitors can do for example. There is a skateboarding rank nearby.
• Youthcafe “Chill Out” in Höchst. Höchst and Dornbirn have a cooperation since many years. Höchst has the youth café, sports, different projects and events. S/he can also participate in the activities that we organise in the course of the year, for example:
• Youth Festival on the Dornbirn Fair – “Schau” (April)
• Visit of Romanian dance group (April)
• Tolerance Days (April)
• Environment Week (May)
• Skateboarding rank opening
• Volunteer’s Own Project: If the volunteer wants s/he can realise her/his own project in cooperation with the young people from Vismut.
Since we offer a wide variety of activities s/he has a lot of possibilities to do so (sports workshop, creative workshop, antiracism project, project on her/his home country, concert with band from her/his home country, music workshop, cooking etc.). S/he will have all the support from the team that he/she needs. Doing an EVS with «Offene Jugendarbeit Dornbirn» the volunteer will learn a lot about youth work and will get a practical insight into the various fields of youth work: leisure time activities, intercultural dialogue, employment, education + training in youth work. In the daily contact with the young people s/he will increase her/his social competences in establishing contacts and building relationships. Helping with projects or doing her/his own projects the volunteer will learn project management “by doing” and practice teamwork. S/he will get an insight into various youth cultures and will meet (young) people of different cultural origin.
S/he should like to work with young people and should be interested in different youth cultures, music, sports, night life, different kinds of ecology and youth centre work. S/he should care for young people and be prepared to take the initiative to get in contact with them. S/he should be flexible and be willing to take part in different kinds of projects. Since our opening hours are mainly in the afternoons, evenings and on weekends s/he should be prepared to work late hours and work on weekends as well.
The volunteer will live in an accommodation where also other volunteers live. It is organised by the host organisation. S/He will have a room with bathroom on her/his own and share a kitchen with other residents. The infrastructure with trains and buses is easy, quick and frequent and s/he will probably also have a bicycle at her/his disposal. The volunteer will receive a ticket for free use of any public transport in the whole region of Vorarlberg during the complete EVS time.
Support during the EVS:
S/He will have regular meetings with her/his mentor in our organisation to talk about problems or critical incidents among other things. Additionally s/he will have a junior mentor (=former EVS volunteer) at her/his side to support her in situations of crisis. The Coordinating Organisation will hold a monthly evaluation meeting with all volunteers in Vorarlberg. In the end of the project we will together with the volunteer evaluate the project, what s/he has learned and which competences s/he has gained and as a result fill out the Youthpass. Furthermore there will be a final personal evaluation meeting with the Coordinating Organisation.
Related links: Website: http://www.ojad.at
Εάν σε ενδιαφέρει να περάσεις 9 αξέχαστους μήνες στην όμορφη Αυστρία αποκτώντας σημαντικές δεξιότητες που θα σε βοηθήσουν στην επαγγελματική σου εξέλιξη, στείλε μας το βιογραφικό σου στο firstname.lastname@example.org καθώς και ένα motivation letter όπου θα εξηγείς τους λόγους για τους οποίους θέλεις να συμμετέχεις στο πρόγραμμα, μέχρι τις 30 Δεκεμβρίου 2015!
ΣΗΜΑΝΤΙΚΟ!: Και το βιογραφικό και to motivation letter πρέπει να είναι στα ΑΓΓΛΙΚΑ, σε μορφή .doc ή .pdf.
Για οποιαδήποτε απορία ή διευκρίνηση, μη διστάσεις να μας βρεις στο ίδιο email!